Question

ihatemybabydaddy86

harnett county public utilti
still on my credit and me and my husband paid off

harnett county public utilti

Hey theer,

I need talk to somebody about that because I call the credit report people this morning . its sill show up on credit karma . Me and My husband paid them off on april 6 , 2017 and can all please remove it .

thanks ,

Nicole

Paying a debt does not remove it from your credit reports unless a "pay for delete agreement" is reached PRIOR to paying. It will remain on your reports until it ages off due to the seven year rule. The seven years started when the original account became past due and went to collections. You could try disputing the account with the credit bureaus now if it the balance is incorrect and hope that they remove it rather than correct the balance. I strongly advise that you take some time to do some reading on how to handle collection accounts if you have any more to address.