Question

Disabled2017

Hardship on debts
I am now totally disable on SSI $7.35.00 monthly, I am scared of my debts. Please help

HELP PLEASE

I need help, I can not afford payments any longer, and I owe close to $3, 000.00. I am now on SSI, $735.00 monthly, and my credit card companies are not willing to help me, please help me

The fact is, debtor prison was abolished years ago, so there is nothing to really fear.  You need to get utilities on the equal payment plan, apply for low-income energy assistance to help take the bite out of seasonal power bill fluctuations, see if you can get food stamps and utilize the food bank, and go to the Disdabled Services Office to see whatother assistance you can get to make just living easier.  Notify your creditors of your situation to see if they have any assistance programs.  Most debts drop off after 7 years of non-payment and the Statute of Limitations on Collections (which varies by state) tells what the time period is for collectors to be able to sue to collect.  Once the SOL has expired, the debt needs to be forgotten.  You didn't say what kind of debts you have so these are just rough guidelines.  Been there.

If you can't pay, you simply can't pay. If you are on disability you are basically "judgement proof" as they cannot garnish your disability checks.