Question

lmoreno25

Hard pull from BoA
I requested a credit line increase with Bank of America, it just so happened that I have a fraud alert with TU that was missing my phone number. So I update my phone number with TU and called BoA back, to continue with my CL increase. I was told that they will have to pull another inquire because they need to verify that my phone was updated. Mind you that they do have my phone numbers on file because I have a checking, cc and savings account with them. They did not badge and I did not want another hard pull. Right now my credit utilization is 5%, so I have enough credit available, I just wanted to increase my cl with BOA from $ 5000 to may be $ 7000. Can I request them to pull back the hard credit inquire that did not help me at all?

Interesting that the telephone number was required in your TransUnion report or any credit report.  I have no reference to a telephone number on my credit bureau report although it has been on various credit applications.  Its a business phone and not even in my name.  The information could have been used to prove your identify by providing proof of address and a telephone bill can be used for that purpose.   If you had a temporary freeze on your account because of the fraud alert and already had an account with BOA, they would have been able to pull the report.  The restriction is for new inquiries, not current creditors.   The issue should not have been for your telephone number it was the basic fraud.   Pulling the second report would have been necessary to ensure the alert had been removed and that your identity had been proven.   Hard inquiries are the fact of doing business.   Although, you could/should have inquired to see if they would have done a soft pull depending on how long you had been with BOA.   I have been successful in securing additional lines of credit with a firm I already had been doing business with by asking them to pull a soft pull.   Guess my track record with them was enough.   You can always make the request for them to retract it, although its purely voluntary on their part, don't hate one them because they will not.

"Can I request them to pull back the hard credit inquire that did not help me at all?"  Really?

You are the One that wanted the CLI , Hard inquire is the Outcome of requesting a Hard Inquire.   

lmoreno25

Enter Your Reply

Really?  Yes requesting to retreive hard inquire that could not be used due to fraud alert, requesting a retrival , to have another hard pull, so information that was missing on fraud alert (phone number) could be verified.