Question

nicolenchris226

hard inquiry i did not authorize
I recently visited a car dealership to get some information and see if trading my car would be possible. They had me write my ss on a paper just because they "had a promotion going on". The guy came back and said that if we ran my credit he could get an idea of what we could do. I told him I did not want to run my credit, I was only checking the value of my car for a trade. I never signed anything and I am now seeing this as a hard inquiry on my report. Anything I can do to dispute this?

Most Helpful Response

1. COAF

Finance

Feb 18, 2014

Added

2. FLAGSHIP CRE

Finance

Feb 21, 2014

Added

3. ALLY FNCL

National Credit Cards/Airlines

Feb 21, 2014

Added

4. GATEWAY ONE

Finance

Feb 21, 2014

Added

5. AMERICREDIT

Finance

Feb 20, 2014

Added

These hard inquries added were not authorized.  Please have them prove they were authorized with paperwork that says authorized or an application of some kind.  Thank you.  And also I paid credit servies and medical bills on my report and notified medicare and medicaid for improper billing on my cards given to me.

hard inquiry

get copy of credit report and see who made the inquiry and write to them