Question

lauriedigit

Hard inquiries on unused accounts?
I have an open credit a/c that was paid on-time and in full. I haven't touched it for over a year and don't plant on it. Can I stop them from hard inquiries on my a/c?

What is an a/c? I am assuming we are not talking about air conditioners here. If you have an account with a lender that is doing hard inquiries on your credit for no reason, I would consider closing the account. If the Hard inquiries become excessive, it may be a violation of your rights. Make sure that the inquiries being done are not "soft inquiries" if they are, there is nothing to worry about as "soft inquiries" do not affect your credit.