Question

sisterluje

Hard inquiries for new car application
The car dealer where I just leased a car said he would submit my application for approval. I did not know that he submitted it to nine lenders at the same time. My credit score dropped by 53 points because of this. I was told by Credit Karma that the number of hard inquiries would drop to one because they were all done on the same day. Is this true?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, generally. For the most part even lenders that review your credit reports will ignore this type of loan shopping if all within a two week period. Your credit score will improve shortly.