Question

Snellbert

Hard inquiries due to home buying- thought they weren't supposed to be as significant and yet...
I guess a hard inquiry is a hard inquiry, but I'd read that if it was due to buying a home, that any hard inquiries from that wouldn't be considered to be as significant. It sure doesn't look that way according to my credit report! Is there some way they are differentiated from other hard inquiries? Not a fan of so many hard inquiries on my report, not helping my score even though I'm in a better place credit-wise than I was before the hard inquiries. Ah!
Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

If you do all your inquiries within the same 30 day period, only the 1st inquiry counts against your credit score.  The rest do not count.  FICO does not penalize us for shopping around for big-ticket items.  Inquiries only count for 10% of your score.