Question

klze

hard inquiries added
Just pulled my report and went from 5 inquiries to 11 inquiries. none of these are recent, all over a year old. Why the sudden change? They only show up with transunion, not eqifax

Most Helpful Response

TU has a weird glitch where if you pull your credit report from sites like this one a lot, eventually those "soft pulls" will crowd out some of your "hard pulls." The hard pulls fall off. TU doesn't like that, so they put 'em back. I just had it happen as well, and I don't even pull all that often. Very weird and annoying and something I'd forgotten about until the other day.

PURPLEMAXIMA

My credit score lost 23 pts on this. How can this be fixed? I haven't requested any credit, so do I have to wait 2 years to get my 23 pts back? Thank you

Added inquires?

This is not right by any accounts. Will credit reporting agencies fix this, or do we have to wait 2 years for us to get our points back? Am not happy with this at all, because in a few months am planning on getting a better car. Now I lost 23 points which I need for decent financing.

flanaganshan

Ouch. Sorry you took such a hit.  If you say your score dropped 23pts - was that an actual FICO score, or your CreditKarma guesstimate score?  It's possible that it didn't do nearly as much damage as CK thinks, so that's good news.  But no, TU won't fix it, because some people do it on purpose (the soft pulls to get rid of hard pulls), so to their way of thinking it's information that "should" have been there the whole time.

Try not to stress too much about it, and be glad that at least inquiries don't have a heavy weight on your score. Also, lenders/true FICO scoring will take into account the true age of the inquiries, not the reinsertion date - they'll still fall off in a year like they were supposed to originally.

Added inquires??

I pulled my full credit report, and the 5 inquires that were added are over 2 years old. The last inquiry of the 5 was added back in 2011, so how does that work? Am still going to start an investigation wiht TransUnion, and hopefully they will take off these old inquiries. Trying to have GOOD credit stinks, seems like the credit agencies tries to keep the hard working people back. Just venting, am a little upset because I lost so many points.