Question

glambert94

Hard Inquires on my credit report
At 18, I had to buy a new-used car because someone hit me while driving. To do so, I had to go to many different places and try to get approved. Because I had absolutely no credit, that was extremely hard. Now I have 14 hard inquires on my credit report. Is there anyway I can find out who they are from and possibly dispute them?

Most Helpful Response

Hard inquiries will stay on your credit report for 2 years but their effect on your credit score typically lasts 6-12 months. You can't dispute them if they were truly yours from shopping for auto loans. You can go to annualcreditreport.com to get your 3 detailed credit reports and see exactly what those inquiries are. Only dispute if you are 100% sure and have the proof to back it up, otherwise those disputes will just be declined.