Question

braddic

hard hit inquiries
I have not applied for any credit for a long time. Why is their still hard inquiry hits on my credit? Who is doing this? I want to know who so I can put a stop to this and raise some hell. How can you let me know?
This affecting my score.

Hit Hard ? how hard...

Hard credit inquiries are placed on your credit report whenever "YOU" apply for credit through a loan, a credit card of a store brand credit card. Only when you sign a document that allows the vendor in question to request your credit information, is a hard credit inquiry marked on your record. On average these last about 2 years.

Now, not that this will appear on your credit report whether or not you follow through with the loan.

However, if you are convinced that a hard inquiry is present on your credit report and it was taken without your approval, you can request a free credit report from all three credit bureaus (Transunion, Experien and Equifax) You can do this once annually.

Go to AnnualCreditReport.com.

Once you find out which bureaus are listing the credit inquiry, contact them. Your credit report will include contact information and dispute instructions.

Also be aware that soft inquiries can legally be made by your existing creditors and collectors.  If you owe someone money, they can pull your report.  If this is not the case, then follow mthiran's excellent advice.  You can also dispute online from the website they provided in their response.