Question

Posted in Banking

jf2good

Hard Credit Inqury for New Bank Account at Existing Bank
I am an existing customer of BBVA Compass Bank and opened a new checking account, no overdraft, never wanted it, and now I see a new hard credit inquiry listed on my account here at Credit Karma. I never authorized a hard credit pull and being an existing customer there should be no reason. Do I have any way to get this removed, seems like the only answer is to send a letter to a credit bureau, I did that once before on an unauthorized credit pull and got zero results. I contacted the institution that did the pull too and got zero results, so how can I fight this one?

Hi jf2good,

You can dispute any unauthorized hard credit inquiry that appears on your credit report. Otherwise, it will remain on your report for 2 years.