Question

dlc1026

Hard credit inquiries posted on my account that i did not authorize.
Are creditors authorized to check my credit even if they were from current or past creditors of mine?

If you have an open account,

with a credit card company and you request a limit increase they will pull your current credit report.  It is not legal for anyone to pull a copy of your report with out your authorization. so if there are inquiries that you know weren't yours you can contest them.  YOu can file a dispute online at each of their websites or you can do it in writing, which is my preffered way of doing it.  I believe its always better to have a paper trail.  you can Google "Dispute credit inquiries" for more info on how to write that letter.

If there are several inquiries in quick succession, It can be a red flag that someone is trying to steal your identity and open credit accounts in your name.  If there are more than 2 inquiries I would put "Fraud alert" or "Freeze" on my Credit report. You can google those for more info on how they work. That would require that they not allow anyone access to your credit report with out you contacting them first to let them know that you are going to be appying for a new line of credit. They would then release the freeze for a certian period of time or for a certain creditor.

Good luck,  hope this helps

With current creditors, probably yes. You most likely gave them permission to pull your credit periodically when you opened the account. While most lenders will only do "soft inquiries" to check up on you, I believe that most can do "hard inquiries" if they wish as most lenders make you agree to it in the terms.