Question

matholland618

Hard Credit Inquires
When I was searching around for who had the best prices/financing on a new Polaris RZR, I had called around to multiple dealers in 3 or 4 different states. This is before I realized that this affected your credit score. All of this was done in 2 days I believe.

I had done some googleing and found out that this is called "rate shopping". However, I now have 14 hard credit inquires on my score and now rated as an "F" on credit inquires. I had read that they know you are doing this and it will not impact my score. However, this was back in January of this year and I am afraid that is impacting my score.

What can be done about this, or is this something that I don't need to worry about? I am 23, and have a great credit score, I am just concerned about.

Most Helpful Response

Don't worry, only the first inquiry impacted your actual FICO credit score.  They allow us to shop around for big ticket items, so as long as your reports were pulled for the same type of loan (i.e. auto or mortgage), and the reports are pulled within the same 30 day time frame, then it's not hurting you very much.  Credit inquiries only count for 10% of your credit score, which is one of the smallest categories.  I wouldn't worry if I were you.  

Thank you!!!