Question

Lifebegan2010

Had something in collections removed from credit and then my score dropped 49 points. Why?
I payed the bill in collections off, but they couldn't remove it from my credit of course. So I had it disputed to get it removed saying the bill was paid. They removed it and then my score dropped 49 points. Now from what I heard and maybe I heard wrong, but normally when you get something removed your score goes up or stays the same, but never drops. Anyone know why this happened? Need to understand why.

Do you have a very limited number of accounts on your credit reports? This could be the case and the lose of points was more due to a loss of information. No it does not make sense but that seams to be how the Vantage system works. You are correct when you beleieve that removing negative information is a good thing because it is. It is always an improvement to remove negative info no matter what a scoring system tells you. If you have FICO scores, worry about them, not the Vantage on here.