Question

mary97

Had great credit till someone opened a bunch of credit cards in my name.
I am disabled and someone opened a bunch of credit cards in my name. I just found out. I had finally got my credit back great and now this. I got my credit reports from the agencies, but my memory is not good, I have had Strokes can someone please help me. I would very much appreciate it. I am still young too. I called and told all the card companies I had never had those cards but they didn't do anything.All of them come to around $10,000. I am just so upset.

Phone calls are not the way to go since the people answering the phone have a set script they go by and they are not authorized to do anything else. File your disputes with the credit bureau reporting the errors and do it online.  That way someone is supposed to begin investigating and either verifying or deleting the disputed items.

I hope you keep your Social Security card in a safe place (and the wallet is not one).  I keep mine in a small safe because it is needed just a few times in one's life but the number is a gold mine to a thief.