Question

Jmpsrp2002

Had a collection removed in April, now back on report under new creditor?
I had an account removed from my TransUnion in April 1, 2016 (was never reported in Equifax), that had an open date of 9/27/15 - under creditor AFNI. That same account is now under a different creditor ERC with a new start date of April 2016. I thought that it had to stay under the original open date even if they bought out the account from AFNI. Can anyone advise?

Yeah it happens whenever the debt being brought and sold another CA. The "open" date is when that CA brought the debt and reporting for the first time. But the 7 1/2 year reportable/removal date does NOT change. 7 1/2 year reportable date has nothing to do with when its opened, it's from the Date Of First Delinquency, usually when last date you did not pay to the original creditor that lead to collection/charge-off.

I had something similar happen.. I had an account I disputed remove the collections and now I am getting a letter from a NEW collection agency on nehalf of the ORIGINAL creditor (Sprint). My question is, if I pay this new collection agency within the 30 days I have to respond, can I stop them from reporting it again?