Question

SWashington91

Had a baby, lost my job, score went from 673 to 571 HELP!
I am NOW currently employed since the ending of July (Been out of work since February). I am trying my best to make sure all my creditors are being paid off; I was on my way to a 700 credit score before I became unemployed with having my princess. I need to to know how long it could potentially take for my scores to rise quickly. A few accounts has been closed unfortunately and I still that the right thing to do is still pay the debt I owe.

Most Helpful Response

How many accounts do you have open? Was one of the accounts closed your longest account open?

Just continue to get your debts paid and keep any accounts that are open, open.

SWashington91

There has been 3 accounts that has been reported as closed. I have approximately 7+ opened. The longest history of account open is currently open. I am looking to pay off one of my closed account debt off within the next week; so I am excited about that. Does making payment in full have a different effect whether in an opened or closed status?

Getting accounts paid in full is GREAT!!

That should be your goal, getting all accounts paid in full.  And for the future, the ideal is to pay the balance in full when the statement comes in so you show a good payment record and proper credit usage. 

Sounds like you're on the way.  Make sure your current expenses are met on time and any leftover funds can go towards paying off the closed account until it is paid in full. 

Wish you and your little princess an excellent future