Question

kelly1031

Had a 90 day late removed from 23 months ago
fromSallie Mae. 1) I had a deferment for grad school and 2) when they called me 4 days before the 90 days I paid it....it took a week to process,hence the 90 day. The customer advocate office is removing the 90 late from the June 2012 payment.

I have one 30 day late from 18 months ago (CC payment, just slipped past me) and a few medical collections under $100 in the last 5 years. My current CK is a 636 andFICO is 627TU and 630 Exp (I have no EQU score, they deleted my account recently it seems). Car payment on time and all CC under 20% util.

I am hoping for a 40 - 50 point bump after the 90 day removal. Will it still go up that much after being 23 months old? I should have disputed it years ago.

No, it won't go up that much because it is a pretty old late payment.  The only time late payments affect your credit score is if they are within 24 months of today's date, and the older they are the less impact they have.