Question

MickeyCee

Got slammed by an auto loan at close of chapter 13 - what should I do?
I successfully completed a chapter 13 five-year structured debt payoff through the court - but at the close of it, when they mailed me the title to my truck, the lender slammed my report, claiming I was late 48 months on payments. We were never late on a singular payment.

I have no idea what to do - are they allowed to do that? Nobody else has done anything like that. On our other car, they didn't do that, but they did claim our title was lost, and sent a letter requiring us to go to the DMV and get a new title.

I was under the impression that under bankruptcy laws they couldn't slam our credit like that!

You are correct..... Get a payment statement from the "your" trustee showing good payment history. Write a dispute letter with your proof of good payment history about the creditor. Also, if you would llike to take it futher, submit a criminal complaint to the FTC (federal trade commission) They will slap huge fines on businesses that practice unlawfully...