Question

soughtseven

Got new credit card and making payments, score un-changed in 6 months?
I got a new credit card this year in the Spring I believe. I've been making full payments on it each month until now. I've kept my utilitization under 10% almost every month but one. My score hasn't moved one point from 585 since then? I thought that making payments can help your score at least a little bit? I have 2 accounts in collections right now, but they are 5 years old. Why hasn't my score gone up a single point?

When it comes to Credit bad information like Collections always out weight the good information.   You need to addess the collection items and any other bad information on your credit report to see movement in your credit score.

Also is the credit card being reported to TransUnion and showing up here on Creditkarma? 

Yeah the credit information is doing that. I figured it was those two collections taking up all the space, but they are 5 years old now. I've read that the older the bad stuff is, the less harm it has. Obviously that isn't the case because it's still outweighing all the good I am doing now. I am making my student loan payments as well. I'm having a hard time figuring out why it hasn't moved at all in the past 6 months.

I kind of wish people would follow up on this forum. I get one response for every question and then no one ever replies. Kind of getting old. It's not just you howie, so dont worry about it.