Question

Dresec

Got denied Credit Card with 684 score
So my TU credit score is 684. My CC utilization is 10%. I have car payment that has always been on time (2.5 years). I have zero negative items. Just 2 hard inquires and I just got denied a Citibank card. I also asked my Capital One card that I got a long time ago (but only $500 limit) for an increase because I could really use some more credit right now since I"m getting married in a few months.

My credit score used to be bad but I've done everything I can over the last few years to make it better. i finally thought a 684 would be good enough.

Also I make over $100k and only owe $9k in student loans. Any thoughts on why I'm being denied?

Most Helpful Response

Go with Chase

Same credit score here, very similar situation and Chase Freedom approved me for a decent credit line today. Good luck to you.

Not your fault

Citibank is notorious for being picky even with good credit applicants. I would try a credit union and take avantage of their lower fees and better rates if you must get a another credit card try a secured one with wells fargo they give you credit limits up to 10,000 dollars.