Question

T20MF75D

Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
My scores range from the high 600's to low 700's, I have one secured card through USAA with a CL of $1000. . . However I have a low income because I am currently a college student who works retail. I do receive a stipend every month for attending school and make extra money throughout the month. I was wondering what are the chances of being approved for the Gold Delta SkyMiles CC. Or would you suggest any other cards that I would get approved for? Any feedback will be helpful, thank you.

Lets see, I would put your chances at slim to none for this card. 

* this card has a yearly fee of 95 dollars.   ( never get any CC with a yearly fee unless you make over a 100k and can afford it, secured cc's excluded. )
* You Credit needs to be "Excellent, Good"  do not think you will make the cut. 

* you would have to spend 1000 dollars in 3 months to get that 30,000 mile bouns.  Not going to happen on the low income.

Why do you have the need to be approved for other Credit Cards?   What is the goal here?

T20MF75D

Thank you for the response. .  I'm in the market for getting a car within the next couple of months so I'm looking to raise my credit score more for better interest rates. Also, looking for something other than a secured card and something with some type of reward/cash back 

icuhowie

If you are just starting out building your Credi then don't worry about any of the rewards or cash back.  
Have a Plan.

I'm 54 and have a Secured Credit card that I opened back in 2011 when I started to rebuild my credit.

Currently my Vantage Socre's here are 809 and 816, 

One FICO Score is 808 and Another FICO is 785

you can look at my profile as to how I rebuilt my Credit,  have a timeline of the lines of Credit that I opened. 

Get a Secured card and hold if for 7 years while you build your Credit. 

Having a Credit Card does not mean you have to use it. 

I was just sent a Pre-Approced Application from ****S Sporting Goods,  with a Credit Limit of 3000, 

Opened it up,  but may not ever use it,  but I will build Payment history with it without making any charges on the credit card. 

hope that helps out. 

T20MF75D

So right now I have the $1000 secured card through USAA (4 years old). . .would you suggest getting another secured card through USAA or someone else?

icuhowie

Don't chase the rewards,  not worth it unless you are charging 100K on your card a year.