Getting out of a rent-to-buy agreement
I'm so mad at myself...
I did not realize this was a rent to buy agreement for a large screen tv. Getting too ambitious made me jump in too quick... Now I'm looking at 3 years of payments and a total of $5,500 for a stupid $1,800 tv! So now I asked how much it would cost to get out of this and they said well you could do the early purchase option and pay us $1,800 now and it's yours. Why would I do that when I have already paid $1,000 for the thing and it's supposed to cost $1,800?... So she said it's going to take a hit on my credit when I return it... I cannot afford to pay $1,800 right now and I am absolutely not okay with paying $5,500 for a stupid tv.
Does anyone know how bad it's going to hurt my credit when I return this thing?... I've made every payment on time and my credit is now at 611... This was my very first item on credit... I'm just so scared no one is going to allow me any other options to BUILD credit after this... Does anyone know the answer?!