Question

jenniegilliard

Getting off my credit report
I see I have a medical in bill showing in collections, but I know I paid it off, because it was such a large amount. How or whom do I contact to get it off my report? I am pretty sure I even found the check # on my bank statement showing it was paid.
It also shows on the report that is an open account? What does that mean that it is still needing to be paid?
What do I need to do?

Most Helpful Response

Validation Letter

Google it for a template. Include copies of any paper work that you can to prove you've paid it. Send to the Credit Reporting agency that shows the account. It will require them to investigate the account and the creditor will have to prove that the account is accurate.  If they can't or won't then it will be removed from your file within 30 days.