Question

needitfixedplease

Getting a Credit Card removed from my information
I have contacted COMENITY BANK/AVENUE regarding an account that remains open on this listing of accounts appearing on my credit report. They said that it was indeed closed and it should be removed. I have sent this information to Trans Union and Equifax over a year ago and it is still there. This account shows an available balance on my report; yet this was closed almost 10 years ago. I would really like to get this removed and have done everything correct on my end. What else must I do?

Sounds like you've taken the necessary stepts to get this accounts removed. If you've gone to each credit reporting agency and filed a dispute for the account and contacted the creditor to request they remove it, then that's about all you can do. But really as long as the account is not being used and it doesn't show any current balance and isn't listed as an account in default, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

After all, if it's still reporting that is helping you in a couple of way.

1. It's averaged in with your overall Average Age of Accounts which is a good thing.

2. It helps with utilization because it's factored in with your overall available limit.

Any account that is in good standing and closed will normally continue to report as a positive tradeline for up to 10 years after the account is closed. These are all positive factors in determining your overall FICO score.

Hope this helps.