Question

Borninnyc

Get my credit back up
Hi everyone...I opened a new capital one card and got a $10k limit. I then realized that I already have some balances on other cards. I really did not want to dig deeper in debt so I ended up closing the account that same day. Yes I know I should have kept it opened but it was for my own good. Is this going to hurt my credit score negatively since I opened and closed it already. I have a new auto lease that I am paying and my brother is paying the last 3 payments of my other lease with Kia (old car). The issue is are both of these closed accounts going to negatively affect me (new credit card closed and Kia lease when paid off no late payment). I only ask this because I'll be applying for an apartment lease within a year and will need a new vehicle lease in 3 years. Thank you! My score currently is 728...was 755 but went down because of credit card balances I'm paying off.

First off, if you are getting ten thousand dollar credit cards I think your credit is pretty good. Get your other cards paid off (but don't close them) and keep all of your accounts in good standing and you should be fine. Look at your FICO scores from time to time too. And as always, keep reading everything that you can find on credit as there is always more to know.