Question

duckandjen

get leins and bankrupcy off my credit reports
I have two liens from 09 that have been payed and a bankrupcy from 2003 still showing on my credit reorts. How do I remove them?

Most Helpful Response

Only time will remove them.

The liens are part of public record (they're court orders) and part of your history so must remain on the record for up to 10 years.  Bankruptcy is guaranteed to stay for 10 years and should disappear by the beginning of next year.  That, also, is a court action.  Fair Credfit Reporting Act requires such actions to remain on the credit record for the time specified and nothing else can be done.  

lb45

Does it make a difference to your credit score if the lien is shown as expired or satisfied?

i PAID MY LEINS

YOU SHOULD GET A LETTER IN THE MAIL FROM COLLECTION AGENCY YOU PAID THE LEIN OFF FROM AND TAKE IT TO THE COUNTY COURT AND HAVE THEM STAMP IT AND THEN REMOVED FROM CREDIT SCORE , I YET TO TAKE MINE TO COURT HOUSE BUT DOING IT NEXT WEEK