Question

CoffeeMug32

Get in rid of my Credit Score?
My question is, What is the fastest way to get my score down to zero, undeterminedable, etc. ? I had my student loans payed off. They were in default, and I paid it off in just under a year. With that out of the way, I promised myself never to rely on credit, loans, etc.

What are my best options? Please reply with helpful information.

Your best option is to think this out. What you are considering is not the wisest goal a person should have. Credit reports are looked at for many things these days, such as auto insurance, telephone plans, cable and satellite plans, landlords if you ever need to rent, some jobs require a credit check, etc. And as time goes on, you can bet that more will be added to this list. Having no credit is almost as bad as having bad credit. You cannot fortell the future, you never know when you may need credit. To fall off of the credit landscape, time is what it will take, besides that not too much you can do, but I strongly oppose your idea, there is no benefit of it and it is not a good idea.

So, you plan to pay cash for your next vehicle or house?  What about making motel reservations?  They do require a credit card. How about airline reservations? Can',t get them without a credit card.  I mused to do the cash only thing.  Then, I read the articles here, made corrections (including those lousy student loans), got credit cards and bought a brand new car at a very lowe rate a couple of years ago. The car is my only debt.  Credit  cards get paid off every month.  Learning how to use credit is so very empowering.