Question

atex

ge bank changes name to synchronicity bank(i have 3 credit cards with them) and i lose 18 points?

Most Helpful Response

Once your credit report reflects the original opening date of the accounts, your score should not be affected. Right now these probably look like "new" accounts to the bureau that calculates your score. This will be adjusted,  I'd expect this to take a month or so. However, there are many other reasons you credit score may have changed so be sure to check out your Credit Report Card. 

NCMike46

Hope this is the case as I lost over 20 points this month after a steady climb upwards for the past 14 months.

Same issue here

I had this same issue, but it only dropped 11 points. I'll check back in a month I guess and see if it fixes itself.

Snychronicity

I set up my TJMaxx card for online bill pay and for some reason missed a small payment on a balance of $117 and when I discovered my error, I tried to fix it with them and they refused to remove the negative mark on my credit score.  Sorry the online bill pay did not work.  I paid the balance in full and closed the account.  Syncronicity is not very understanding or conbcerned with with building relatioinships.