Question

bcherie229

Garnishment of wages
I have an eviction from 2010 for 1596.00 I moved out of the apartment and out of state before this eviction occured so I never knew about it until recently when a collection agency popped up on my credit report for owing over 5200. I have never received any paperwork from this company and when I reached out and called them they were extremely rude and unwilling to mail any type of paperwork to me. So I disputed it on my credit report so they would have to provide that information to the credit companies. I won my dispute and the amount in collections was taken off of my credit report last month.. Today I got paid and noticed my paycheck was missing over 100 dollars. Apparently they started a garnishment on me even though I won my dispute.. I dont know what to do at this point, and am very irritated, I still have not received any paperwork from this company about what I supposedly owe. .. what can I do to stop this garnishment and get proof of what is actually owed?

Your HR department was supposed to

Notify you before any garnishment is acessed to your check., 

A garnishment requires a judgement, You should have been notified about that too. If you were not notified of a court proceeding, they violated the law there too.  This looks like an desperate attempt to recover the debt after the account could not be Validated. 

Report any problems you have with a debt collector to your state Attorney Generals office, the Federal Trade Commision, and the Consumer Protectin Bureau, Many states have their own debt collection laws that are different from the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Your Attorney General’s office can help you determine your rights under your state’s law.

hope this helps

Having that account disputed and removed will work in your favor. The