Question

WVChica

full amount vs. settlement
I have recently began repairing my credit. I went through a company and had 32 wrong items removed. I still have a few (4) "small" accounts that are confirmed. I am willing to pay them. One creditor has given me a settlement amount. Is it better to pay the entire amount or just pay the settlement?

Most Helpful Response

Well the damage is done so it does not matter in some ways.  But I would try to get them to do a Pay for Delete.  Ask them if you pay it off in full they remove it from your credit record.  This is always the best way to go. 

If you borrowed mony from a family member,  would you try to settle with them for a lower payback amount?