Question

savybaby

fresh out of high school and looking to get credit, help!
I just graduated high school, don't have any credit, and no matter what credit cards I apply for they deny me because of no credit. Help me? What can I do? Any advice.

First, use extreme caution when using credit, you are at the age where many people have screwed up and over-extended themselves. Keep in mind, if you can't afford to pay cash, you cannot afford it. Credit cards are only to be used for convenience, rewards or for building credit. Start being more cautious about which cards you apply for, everytime you apply for credit, your score gets dinged for a hard inquiry (if you have a score). You want to start out by looking for a Secured Credit Card (check with Capital One or OpenSky). There are also some store cards out there that are easy to get. Do a few nights of research online checking to see "what credit cards for no credit" "what store cards for no credit" "what card can I get approved for", etc. Research the cards that you find via reviews and other articles to get a feel if they may be the best ones for you to apply for. I have heard that store cards like "victoria secret" and some jewelry stores are easy to get. I would do some googling.