Question

FierceRabbit

Fraudulent accounts removed, can they be put back on?
I recently had 2 accounts removed from collections that have been hurting my credit since 2009. Someone used my identity while I was in Korea and I did not know until the beginning of this year when I did a credit check. I filed a police report and told them I had lost my wallet in 2009 with my social card in it. Im assuming thats how they used my identity. Collections tried to charge me for an emergency visit at a hospital I never went to.

So after the police report, this collections agency removed the account from all 3 credit agencies and my credit score jumped up. I received a letter from them yesterday stating the hospital is insisting the charges are correct and are again trying to get me to pay.

Can they report it again to the credit agencies and bring it back down after removing it? What more proof do they want from me?!

Most Helpful Response

Thanks for the response. Yes It was a mistake to have my SS card on me and bad luck to lose it. Unfortunately I also lost my passport after returning so I can't use that as proof that I was out of the country. It was the Debt Collections agency that contacted me. The hospital is always clueless as to who can help and transfers me endlessly then says they cannot release that information if its not my account... 

They are insisting it is my account and pretty much don't care about the police report I made. They said when the dispute was made, it was reported to the credit agencies which is why my credit was boosted up and removed but they said they never actually removed the account. I have no idea. I feel like I'm pushed to a corner forced to pay some $900 bill that's not mine xD