Question

kbl58

Fraudulence within family
My mother took out a credit card in my name some years ago before I was even 18 and without my consent or acknowledgment and now my credit is poor and I'm not sure how to rid myself of this without even having the card and she hasn't bothered even making payments on it

Dispute on credit reports.

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Look them over for errors (and this credit card counts as one) and file a dispute with the credit bureau(s) reporting same.  You were a minor at the time, and not capable of taking out any contract (which a credit card agreement is) and that it was not you that made the application.  The credit bureau(s) have to investigate and either verify or delete the errors.  The correction should be clear in 30 days. 

Hope this helps.