Question

MaryNY

Four Medical Collections on credit report. Credit score in the 500's how can I improve my score?
I have health insurance but somehow four items have made it on my report for medical bills. It has killed my credit which is in the low 500's what can I do to improve it.

Medical collections

Thankfully, medical collections (especially smaller collections) have a lower impact on your score though a collection is always dramatically negative on your credit score.

I'd highly recommend speaking with a credit expert to review your credit and get advice on best directions (A service that most credit improvement companies provide for free - as we do.)

Generally speaking you will need to work both on the negative information already reporting and work to establish positive information to offset the impact of the negative.  This is something you can accomplish on your own or, as I mentioned above, with the expert guidance of a company in the industry.  Unfortunately, medical bills are extremely common (52% of Americans have a medical billing issue reporting on their credit.)