Question

busycloud

Found another person's name on report
In process of renting a new apartment, filled out the renter's application and the owner of the condo sent me a copy of my report.

It has someone else’s name listed on it. The inquiry is showing July 20th, 2015, which is very recent (1 week prior to this post.)

I have no idea who or what this is. This person’s name is listed under Alias Names and also under the Previous Addresses sections on the application. The address is a Florida address and I live in California so I’m very concerned and don’t really know what to do to look further into this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kevin

Likely an error

Since humans input the data and humans are anything but perfect, it is likely due to someone transposing a number.  File a dispute with the credit bureau that reported the error and make it a habit to annually check all three credit reports so that only the correct information is shown.