Question

Idiot86

Former Authorized User on AMEX, blacklisted?
If I was an authorized user on an Amex account that defaulted, can I be blacklisted myself or just the card holder? I am considering applying for my own Amex and want to know if I'll be rejected for bad history of a family member.

Most Helpful Response

blacklisted

it depends on how long ago the primary card holder defaulted and whether they had your social security number. if you were just an additional card member then they didnt capture your SSN so you should be fine. But if you were tied to that credit card with your SSN then you probably will not be approved, no matter how long its been.. AMEX has a very long memory...LOL

AMEX forgave me

About 25 years ago I had an AMEX green card.  I was young and stupid and I defaulted.  Three months ago I applied for the AMEX Blue Everyday and was surprised to be apporoved and initially given $1400 CL.  They have since raised my credit limit to $3000.  They may have a long memory, but they will eventually forgive you.