Question

MCS1967

Foreclosure on deceased husband's promissory note - will comments show on my report?
My deceased husband had a promissory note on a house. I am not on the note, only the deed, and not responsible for the debt. Will the foreclosure on the property show in the comments on my credit report, and will it have an effect on me trying to obtain loans in the future?

Assuming that you are the Executor

of his estate, If you are, Then you ARE responsible for paying off his debts.   If you aren't the executor, contact them and let them know about the debt. 

Just because the promisory note is not directly in your name does not mean that it will go away. I'd hate to see your house foreclosed on because it did not get paid. and yes that could happen.   It may not directly effect or appear on your credit report, but you certain;y don't want to lose the equity that you have in the property.