Question

GloucesterGirl

For the past few months my score ber was 752 (excellent). and this month it is 651(fair)??
For the past few months my score ber was 752 (excellent). I've done nothing different and this month it is 651(fair). Is there a glitch in the website?

Most Helpful Response

Public Record?

A dip that severe would generally be caused by the addition of a public record such as a lien or an account reported as charged off.  The wife ate a 90 point dip a while back when she didn't return a cable box and the cable provider added a charged off $125 alleged debt to her credit record.  Check the "Public Records" area of your most recent report and see if something was added recently.

Same issue.  Dropped dramatically when credit karma changed the look, and added Transunion.  Bought car over weekend.  Credit score is 100 points higher than what Credit karma is showing, so I'm thinking they did some kind of score drop when they added transunion.  or changed some formula, that shows us all as not as good as we are.  I can understand a few points either way, but 100 is absolutely stupid.  Almost didn't even try to buy, out of fear of higher interest rates, but when I saw it, i was pretty ticked that Credit karma has been missleading me.

Credit Karma change

My husband had his dip by 60 points when they made the change and added Transunion. Too bad, previously Credit Karma was more accurate than any of the other reports for lenders, etc. Now it's substantially off (and mine increased by 80 points, funny enough)

Drop in Credit

I, too, have seen a 90 point drop in credit. Credit utilization went up $67 but no other change. Why is it that no one can figure out why their credit is dropping? Just because a company decided to redesign their website?  It is very frustrating.