Followed Credit Karma's advice to improve my "thin file"...but it did not work.
Credit Karma declared me to have a "thin file" so got a Limited Reporting Notification when I logged in.

Credit Karma told me following regarding how to fix my "thin file" status:

"Why should you use a secured credit card? Secured cards are designed for consumers with little to no credit history to establish and build credit. Nearly all secured cards have guaranteed approval, and many don't even require a credit score. They function like a credit card, except they also require a security deposit. Secured cards are an ideal alternative to building healthy credit."

I applied for one of the four options CK gave right below this statement and got rejected. Why would CK do this and where does this leave me now? With an inquiry on my CR?

By the way the reason my CR is thin and has had nothing was due to ID theft back in 2009, as the thief racked up so many card that I had to go to court numerous times and so was done on purpose but now I guess I am still screwed.

Please help me fix this???!!!?? Thank you in advance.