Question

jhrhodes

Flex Spending Vs. Revolving Credit
I got a Capital One card a few months ago. It has a $5,000 limit, which was a good way to bring my overall limit up and my utilization down. It didn't show up on my credit report until January, but then, sure enough, my utilization was shown to be quite low as my limit was higher. But then in February, that $5,000 no longer showed up as part of my overall limit. Instead, the balance on that card shows up on my credit report card in the "Other" category of debt rather than as a credit card. I pulled a copy of my credit report and see that the account is now listed as "flex spending" while my other cards are listed as "revolving." Back in December I opened an online savings account with Capital One and linked that to my credit card in order to get a bonus on my savings interest. Did that move change the credit card from a revolving to a flex spending account? Does anyone know if this distinction makes much difference toward the credit score? Is there anything I ought to be wary of as a result of this change in categorization? My score hasn't changed so far because of this, and my utilization is still fine, but I liked knowing that I had the extra limit counted toward my total utilization.

I would stop playing with Cap One and stop playing the credit score game.