Question

rmello11

Fixing student loan late payments
I have about 160 total payments on my credit history. around 80% of them are on time (which is terrible i know) my issue is that all but one late payment is for my student loans. I am currently up to date on my student loan payments. I make one payment per month that takes care of 4 different student loans. So when I missed 7-8 payments in the past, when you times that by 4 different student loan accounts that equals 30 missed payments! is there any way I can clean this up so it doesnt look so bad? also the late nissan payment was there fault because they lost my check in the mail (twice) anything i cant do about this? please help, thank you

Late payments will drop off in due time.  Showing consistent, reliable payments now and for the future works very much in your favor.  I had the same problem with my student loans.

As for the Nissan payment, things can happen when you send payments via 'snail mail' and it is not the creditor's fault. They have no control over weather or misdirected mail.  If you can arrange to make payments online, that can work out much easier, and faster. Since I have a consistent income, I arranged to have my payments automatically deducted from my checking account so they cannot be late.