Question

fishmanvinny

fixing credit report didn't change my score
I had a false report of a mortgage in bankruptcy taken off my credit report, but my score hasn't gone up. Why not?

Re: fixing credit report didnt change my

how much your score changes depends on what existed on your credit report before and after the change. You say you had a mortgage in bankruptcy removed from your credit report.  Do you have a valid bankruptcy on your report before and after?  Or was the entire bankruptcy incorrect, and now your report shows no bankruptcy?

Did the mortgage that was corrected have late payments before and after?  If you removed the bankruptcy status, but still have delinquent payments, the score may not change because late payments indicate that you are at risk for bankruptcy. 

Also, in some cases, a bankruptcy on our credit report may raise your score, because it tells lenders that you cannot declare again for at least 7 years.

fishmanvinny

Thank you for responding. Yes the bankruptcy itself was correct, it was just the mortgage included that was incorrect. The bankruptcy was in 2001 and isn't even on my credit report anymore.