Question

Pepper0912

Fix credit to buy a home
My score is 514... Where do I begin to work towards qualifying for a mortgage?

Most Helpful Response

Hello and welcome

Now is that your credit karma score? I am also wanting a mortgage in about 2 years so I have been working on my credit as well. To begin I would pull your full credit report and make note of the collections since they can damage your score significantly. If they are not yours then dispute them, if they are then try making a pay for delete deal with the collection agencies (get the deal in writing). Also check when they are expected to fall off and if it's within the year I would wait it out and focus on the other collections. Now you also need a line of credit like a secured credit card to get some credit established. Finally, if you have any public records I would make those the highest priority to get rid of since those damage your credit like rust damages a car. If you have any other questions feel free to reply, I am always online. Good luck to you...