Question

Tolentino03

First time redit card and i need advice
So I was told to keep my credit bal down 30%(trying to) and to pay just before the end of my statement which is the 12th of every month with a due date of the 9th. But the thing here is on my credit report it shows my high bal $295 with my credit limit $300 but bal 0. If I'm paying by the end of my statement why does it show show $295? Please excuse me if I don't make sense ..

Most Helpful Response

The "high balance" is just a reference to what your highest balance was on the account "ever". The "high balance" has no bearing on your credit scores, it has nothing to do with "utilization". It is only your monthly balance that impacts your credit.