Question

Pandawan17

First Charge on a Credit Card, how do I make sure that it shows on my Credit Report?
I have a credit card with a $300 limit I've had for a few months. I made my first charge (small) this month and can afford to pay it off in full. Utilization isn't showing up on my Credit Report yet. I've been told to 1. Make payments on time and in full if I can to not carry a balance or 2. Pay a balance more than the minimum for up to 6 months to establish a credit history with the lender and on my Credit Report. I don't know which is better, since utilization isn't showing and I want to create a good report on this account. Should I pay in full after the utilization is reported to the credit bureaus, but before the due date? Or should I make payments (slightly higher than the minimum due balance) when I use the card over the next 6 months? I've also been told to always pay BEFORE the due date, not on or after, is that accurate advice?

Please help, my credit is in the drain due to medical bills and I'm trying to start over CORRECTLY! Thank you!

Most of the time it's the statement balance that goes on your credit reports each month. Once the monthly statement is ready, it wont matter if you pay the balance off in full or carry a balance. The only time it matters is if you decide to pay off the balance before the statement is ready because then it would show up as a $0 balance.