Question

24bluegoose

First AmEx at 6 months
My credit history will turn 6 months old in October. I have a CapitalOne Secured which will increase to $500 next month. I was approved for DiscoverIt last month $1000 CL. I want an AmEx card at 6 months. 4 inquiries on Equifax, 3 on TransU. Waiting for 6 month mark to hit to generate FICO. Score is around 670 and growing. I've heard you can apply for two AmEx cards in one day and not get two hard pulls. I want an AmEx Blue Preferred. If I am denied, can I apply for Gold Delta Skymiles the same day and possibly get approved? Can the Delta upgrade to another AmEx? Or should I attempt to establish history with like a Green card since I PIF every month, anyways? Thanks for the input!

I would try their pre-qual link first and see what pops up, be sure to check the interest rate, if it gives you an specific interest rate rather than range of interest rate? It's more of targeted offer... The same/single inquiry usually happens when you apply for a revolver and a charge card back to back on the same day if not the same 10 minuets window, but not two of same kind, it would be another HP... AmEx usualy pull Experian FICO8, not sure what exactly "Blue Preferred" you are referring to but if it's "Blue Cash Preferred"? You might want to wait until your Ex FICO8 is over 700 and or at least one year of credit history... I was just approved for BCE few hours ago with 722 Ex, that's after been denied this past Jan with Ex of 705. Their "Preferred" cards tend to have higher underwriting requirements than its "Everyday" cards and of course, the annual fees... Best of luck. 

-

That Discover card should grow quickly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that card have 5k limit in one year. People have success with CLI every 61/91 days... Discoer also offers free Ex FICO8 score in addition to TU FICO8 for their cardholders, just sign up with their scorecard site.