Question

tlcproducts71

filled for bankruptcy chapter 13 and was dismissed now cant remove from all 3 of my credit need help
I was in debt and they were garnishing my wages every paycheck 25% it was affecting me paying my rent and bills so I decided to seek help from a lawyer then I found this lawyer after telling him what was happening he advise me the best thing to do is file chapter 13 and to pay the fees that this will stop the debt collection and garnishment and he told me to don't follow through with it that in time the court will dismiss it he had told me this will not affect my credit and that it will cost me $500 so after doing so I seen that it was on my credit chapter 13 I tried to call him again he told me he will take care of it and nothing I tried to call him again now the number was disconnected found out that he was a fraud now I am stuck with this on my credit what can I do to take this off? this been on my credit since Aug 22, 2011 please help this is affecting me

Most Helpful Response

it will stay on transunion for 7 years and equafax for 10 years sorry

The BK will automatically come off your report 10 years from date it was dismissed.  Sorry that you fell for this scam, but there is nothing you can do to get it removed from your report.  If it's any consolation, it does less damage to your score the older it gets.

Transunion and Experian removed my 13 after 7 years, and Equfax refused to remove it so its there for 3 more years it cost me 26 points but other than that i have a great FICO 786, 770, and 760