Question

phickman04

filed bankruptcy sept 2011, but my husband didn't file with me-how can we get a mortgage in 2013?
I'm only 23 but had to file bankruptcy because of my medical bills because of multiple sicknesses and insurance not covering all expenses when I was 21 turning 22. Didn't have any credit but 2 closed credit accounts I couldn't pay off because of hard times and was married a year later after that in 2008. Combined our credit is very poor, and I decided to file bankruptcy Sept 2011 and to try and repair my husbands' without having him file as well. How can we raise our credit score to at least a 650 by Sept 2013 with only one account in collections now because of a collection company not giving me all the information on my account of what I owed and missed this one account but reported it with no issues. balance is $500 so I'm working on that one but I do not have any credit cards and in the past used to get denied I believe because of my recent discharging..any advice on what to do with the fact that I am going to make payment arrangements on that one account in collections? my score is 559 now and will my husband's credit score need to be great in order for us to get a mortgage or can it just be on me? 4 kids total-working family (i work full-time husband works from home). Only one account in collections everything else is discharged no credit and thinking about biting that bullet to get a secured card-any advice needed and accepted!! Thank you everyone and Happy Holidays!!

Bankruptcy for you not your husband

I had a bankruptcy from a previous marriage so when my husband and I decided to buy a house, we used his name only. It was approved. Only problem is he was going to add my name later and died before he could do that. I paid the house off with his insurance but since it was in his name it is now propety of the blank blank Smith family. To have it put in my name my children would have to pay me the $34,000 I paid off. It's mine as far as they are concerned so I'm leaving like it is.