Question

BigMoneyBob

FICO scores accurate on CK?
I just got approved for a Capital One card. Not too happy with what they gave me (3000 limit and 22% (after no interest until 12/2016)). Upon looking over their welcome letter, I discovered why they may have given me what they gave me - the credit score they got from Equifax (the only agency identified) was 630. My Equifax score on CK is 701. That's a serious discrepancy. 70 pts?

Any ideas why?

The scores shown here are based on the Vantage 3 method of calculation.  FICO uses a different method and Equifax uses a different method on their site.  There are numerous ways to calculate credit scores depending on the company, the method and the information they use, and none are THE absolutely right one, nor is there a wrong one. Please re-read the articles here to better understand scoring methods.